Thursday 4 August 2011

Nappies are Normal

I am celibate.  Sex has no part in my lifestyle.  

I personally believe sexual obsession is destroying our society so I am happy to abstain.

There is however another, mitigating reason, which I have to explain in detail .......so that you do not get the wrong idea....
 
I  wear  incontinence  clothes  .....Diapers!  .....Nappies! 


Go on  laugh!  Or be offended!  But, first, read on......

I was for a year or so partially incontinent through acute coeliac disorder.  As a result I had to wear diapers.  However I found that the habit of being instantly regular (...never holding) improved my health.  As a result I started wearing adult nappies fulltime, 24/7.  I have virtually cured myself, but wearing adult nappies has in the course of time become a health and lifestyle choice.

Why did it cure me?  Well nature has the answer.

If we were meant to hold wee and poo, why does nature make us expel them?  Because they are bad for our health if retained in the body.  This is why humans suffer with bowel disorders and animals largely do not.  Because the animals get rid of it on impulse whilst we hold it ad nauseam.  We therefore should expel wee and poo as soon as the urge arises.  Not a second to lose!

So when I went full time into nappies, I did exactly as it says on nature's tin, I weed and pooed on instinct.  The stress on my colon gradually eased and I recovered.

I now have normal bowel condition, but have made a conscious choice.  It does not interfere with my life.   So why go back to bad pre-nappy habits?

Looking beyond the health considerations, quite a few other advantages have come to light about this.

Wearing nappies saves 30 minutes a day bathroom time LOL.
  • The average male takes 8-10 pee breaks a day; 3 minutes each, totalling 24-30 minutes.  He then needs poo-breaks 3 times every 2 days, 6 minutes each. (9 minutes a day)   That is about 30-40 minutes a day.
  • It takes me 3 minutes to change a wet diaper, 6 to change a messy one.   If I can keep it down to 2 diapers a day, one change is when I get up to shower in the morning, for which I would have to prepare anyway.  So there is only one change.... 6 minutes a day.
If I wore diapers for a lifespan of 80 years, it would lengthen my effective life by 2 years in time saved.

Then there is spare-time interest convenience. 

I never have to miss part of a film, game or concert for a bathroom break.
  • How many times have you not been able to wait for half-time, gone upstairs at 0-0 and reurned with the score 2-1?
  • How many times have you had to skip a complicated part of a film for a dump and, when you have come back, lost the plot?
  • How many times at a gig have you waited for you fave tune, then couldn't wait, only to hear it faintly in the distance from your toilet pan?
Then again, you can bypass bad hygiene in public.
  • Ever been to a toilet on a train or a bus etc.  You would rather mess your pants, right?  Not in a diaper you don't have to.  
  • Then of course you go shopping on a Sunday and no facilities are open.  Painful holding it all for hours, isn't it?

So what are the disadvantages?

Well nobody actually wants to smell of poo.  Also stale wee can smell even stronger.   However adults have tougher skin and are not as prone to nappy-rash as babies.  So sitting in our own wee and poo is not so harmful to us and we do not need to change as often.  As I said, two diapers a day are usually enough.  So the choice of brands is very important.  I use TenaSlip diapers.  They and Abena Abri-form are the most absorbent nappies on the market and they retain the odour well.  I use Henley PVC pants (like baby rubber-pants) over the diaper which are very retentive.  

So, today I have been sitting in the same nappy in the office for 7 hours and have soiled 4 times in that period.  Yet there is no smell escaping whatsoever. The people at work don't even know I am wearing.

Now to the biggest drawback......

The first reaction by the general public is that it is a fetish.   That is just because society to a man starts off from a mindset of perversion.

IT IS NOT A FETISH!  It is a health decision! 

I cannot see how anything sexual could be associated with garments it takes at least 2 minutes to remove.  And what they are used for is hardly romantic.  Think about it!

A fetish is a weakness.  My unusual underwear decision comes from a position of strength.  I do have a mad sense of humour so nothing you can say will faze me.  It takes courage to make my choice.   So, yes, I am pretty together and strong enough to not have hangups about what I do or indeed wear.  What I have done, for people with colonic disorders, is quite revolutionary.  Seann.... take a house point!  

I am quite happy for people to see me in diapers.  Having said that, I have no intention to flash my diapers at anyone.  My feeling on it is totally neutral.  You wear boxers, I wear nappies.  You wear briefs, I wear incontinence pads.  You wear tangas, I wear diapers.  They are what I wear.  If I want to sunbathe in the park or on the beach, I strip down to my nappy as you would to your boxers.  But I do not walk around flaunting myself.  My diaper will probably poke out of shorts or will probably bulge in my pants, but I am not naked.   In all, very few people notice. 

This blog is to tackle those instances where they DO notice and ridicule and bully the person obliged to or who chooses to wear the diaper.

How many people suffer colonic disorder and are forced into diapers.  While they gain on the health side, as a result they feel ostracised from society.  One in eight children in the United States have to wear diapers at some stage after infancy.  The establishment openly encourages the public to treat them as abnormal.  It is not necessary.  A diaper is just another form of underwear, like the boxers, briefs, tangas I have mentioned, but the nappies are far more practical.  There is no nudity.  There is no sexual context.  They are clothes, for heaven's sake!  To label someone who has to or decides for the good of his health to wear an adult nappy as a fetishist is offensive.    That is what this blog intends to bring an end to, the bullying.

Maybe if we can somehow convince enough people that our underwear choice is genuine and biological commonsense, more people out there will start to wear them.  Just because your bowel is healthy now, it does not mean it will always be so.  Diapers will become a valid option.  Then as time passes, our diapers will become commonplace.  Only then will it be a breakthrough for social acceptance when we can walk out on a hot day in a t-shirt, diaper and pants. 

2 comments:

  1. Seann, I think we should convince the world that this is OK..Even Jesus wore a diaper on the cross as he is portrayed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog.
    adult pull ups

    ReplyDelete